Friday, May 24, 2013

The Week of Big Things!

So this week has been a week of big happenings and BIGGER emotions!! 

Princess P has started 'school'. Now, when all you other mothers gave me advice and told me horror stories and good stories about being a parent, NO ONE FREAKING WARNED ME OF THIS FEELING! Everyone said the first day you go back to work, you will cry and it will be tough. LIARS. That shit was easy compared to leaving the baby sitter and knowing she was onto the next phase in her life. I also think that I was in desperate need of daily adult conversations. I LOVED being home with her those first six weeks but I was ready to go back to work. I give all of you single/stay at home parents a HUGE round of applause. Lord knows I could never do it!!!! I always said that I would love to be a stay at home. I would beg my husband on a daily basis to let me quit my job. Let's be honest. It was because I didn't really like my job, not because I REALLY wanted to be a stay at home mom. I mean, I have a friend who is THE BEST stay at home mom. She has 3 girls and homeschools her kids and does all sorts of cool and fun things with them. She is my mommy role model. I would never be able to do that for my kids. So in all reality it is not fair for me to stay home. I need to work. I need adult interaction. I need mommy time. Princess P also needs the socialization with other kids. We are in the thick of the terrible two's. Now you other parents warned me of this day. But now that it is here and I complain about it, this is the response I get "oh boy, if you think two is bad, wait til three, it is worse!" What the hell! You all said NOTHING about three's being worse than two's. She has the attitude of her mother and the temper of her father. Not a good combo. Trust me. So anyways, onto the real topic, her starting school. Last Friday was her last day at the sitter that she has gone to all of her life. This day was bittersweet for me. I was happy to be moving onto the next phase because I know that is what she needed. She needs potty trained. She needs to say her abc's without a fight. She needs to learn to share. She needs to have an attitude adjustment. We loved the babysitter. There were some bumps that we weren't happy with but they were fine and we are all ok and fine. I picked her up that Friday because Daddy said 'that situation is just too uncomfortable for me'. I'm calling BS. He has emotions but doesn't like to show them and he knew he would cry like a baby, just like I did. So Friday wasn't awful but I did tear up because it is all we have ever known. All 3 of us. This woman took our child in like her own. She helped us to raise this little human that is our daughter. So obviously, that Monday was her first day of 'school'. I was trying to hold back the tears and not let her see that I was nervous for her. Daddy got to stay home late with us so he woke her up. When he woke her up, I got teary eyed. Our little girl is growing up! This is weird. We had decided the night before that we would stop at a doughnut shop on our way to school and Daddy would go to work and I would take her to school. She loved it. She picked out a plain doughnut with chocolate frosting. I got a plain glazed doughnut and only ate half because I was so nervous about the drop off that was going to happen soon. Daddy goes to work and I take the princess to school. We talk the whole way there and she is so excited because she is going to see friends, play outside, read, play with toys, all of the fun things that two year olds love! We pull in and she sees the playground. She instantly says, 'I wanna play with my friends on playground'. I tell her she has to wait a little bit but I'm sure she'll get to today later. We walk in and she is looking around and asking me 'where my friends at?'. The director is there to show me the way and help me out on our first day. I take her to her drop off room and there are a few other kids in there. She lets go of my hand and runs to the toys. She finds a baby doll and another little girl that is playing near it. She brings baby to me and shows me and off she is again. Next thing I hear, a little squeal. She is so excited! She doesn't know what to play with next! YAY! This is much better than I thought it would be. I didn't have any tears that day! I picked her up that afternoon and she was all smiles and excited to tell us all about her day. Needless to say, this was the BEST decision we've made for her! She is growing into such a little girl. She wakes up every morning and asks if she can go to school and play with her friends. She LOVES it there!! This mommy is so happy.

There are a few other things that have happened this week with a range of emotions. Since I rambled on a little longer about school I'll post those another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment