Monday, April 15, 2013

Can I do this?

So in my quest to look hot lose weight/get healthy I've started the fad of the Couch to 5k running plan. I started this training last summer with my sister and then it got too hot out and she quit babysitting for me so I in turn quit the 'training'. I started this training again around February of this year while I had my gym membership... You see, here in good ol' Ohio, it is way too cold to walk/run outside in Febraury. So I made it through week 3 while at the gym.... Then my membership ran out and it was still too cold to do exercise outdoors. It just so happened the week after my gym membership ran out I had won a contest here at work and won 6 weeks worth of Body Pump classes (which I'm actually LOVING, by the way). So that is 2 nights a week and the weight loss group I'm doing is 1 night a week combined with cold temperatures I've been slacking (to say the least) on my 'training'. I would average a training about once a week, MAYBE twice a week if we had good weather that week. So Sunday- which is normally my rest day- I decided I better get out there and enjoy a nice training walk/jog. Mind you, on these once maybe twice a week walks- I have been ATTEMPTING to do week 4 of the training. For those of you who don't know- week 4 is a 5 minute warm up walk, 3 minute jog, 90 second walk, 5 minute jog, 2 1/2 minute walk, 3 minute jog, 90 second walk, 5 minute jog and then a 5 minute cool down. So back to Sunday.... I decided it was nice out and despite everything that needed done around the house I would lace up for a quick 30 minute stroll and make yet another attempt at week 4. Well, GUESS WHAT!?? I DID IT!!!! I completed week 4... Now, I know some of you may laugh at this but this is huge for me... I have NEVER been a runner- never really been an athlete- never done much besides cook, clean and watch reality tv shows!!! I've mentioned before that I've been reading/following a few blogs that give me inspiration... That is what made me decide to go out and do this c25k stuff. To prove to myself that I can do this! I am strong. I WILL do this! I need to do this to be healthy. My daughter and my husband and (hopefully soon) future child deserve to have a mommy that is here and present and can keep up with them while they play. I mean, honestly, I got cut from the volleyball team my freshman year of high school. I couldn't run then and I'm sure I'm at least 100lbs heavier than I was then... AND I'M DOING IT... I'm working on it at least!!!! I never said the sight was pretty but I did it and it was done. I saw on someone's Instagram or Facebook page that they described their running as 'wogging' aka- walking/jogging. I laughed and have been using that term for the last week!!! That is what I do... I'm so slow but at least I'm out there doing it! Another idea I saw on someone's IG is a squat challenge. Everytime she goes to the bathroom while at work, she does 10 squats. So, guess what? I did 20 squats on Friday every single time I went to the bathroom-- I even continued it while I was at home. In turn, I did about 200 squats on Friday. I have this condition called 'no ass/no hips' but a week or so ago I was walking by a full length mirror at work and realized, "Holy Shit! I'm actually starting to get an ass". I figured all the squats I'm doing at Body Pump and in the bathroom at work, I'll have a Kim Kardashian ass in no time!!!!

So all of this brings me back to my subject line... "Can I do this?"
Can I keep up this healthy lifestyle? FOR-EV-ER?
Can I run a 5k in a month? I had told one friend that I was thinking about signing up for one next month...
Can I be a good influence for my daughter/future child/ren? Yes! I can do this... I can turn my life around, right here, right now, at almost 30 years old.
Can I learn to make more healthy recipes? I have already started doing this... I LOVE to cook and bake. I just don't LOVE the taste of Fat Free cheeses!
Can I get Kim Kardashian's ass? I highly doubt it, but you bet your ass I'm going to try!! No pun intended!!
Can I lose 100 LBs? I sure hope so. My goal weight is about 80 LBs from where I am now. BUT my total weight loss since a week after my daugthers birth is 40 LBs. So that would make my grand total ideal weight loss about 120ish LBs.. I hope I can do this before I die!

2 comments:

  1. I notice that this was posted about 3 weeks ago. I hope all your goals are coming true still. You sounded like you were trying hard. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You've inspired me to write my next entry... I'm trying to figure this whole thing out!

      Delete