Friday, March 22, 2013

Time to do the Damn Thang!

Alright. So I've 'tried' this whole blogging thing before and it got me nowhere. I suck. I started one when I got pregnant for Princess P. So that our family near and far could keep updated without having to call every single person or wait until the holidays for the 'real' story. Then I started one when I had my 75th weight loss epiphany. Now in the 2nd month of my 150th AND final weight loss life style change epiphany I am starting this blog and going to keep it going. Hopefully. I have been following a few blogs for a few months now and I LOVE them. The ones I follow are super funny and super motivating. And I like to think that if I were to meet them in real life, we'd be BFFs. It seems that blogging is cheap therapy  a good outlet about everything crazy in our lives. I'm not planning to post strictly on my weight loss but hoping that this will keep me accountable and hopefully at least one person will be seeing this and keep me in check. Just a little background on me: Happily Married (most of the time) mother of one and on the quest for baby #2. Lover of all things to do with food. Pinterest ADDICT. Princess P is my devil child wonderful daughter that is 2 1/2. She also has the attitude of a 17 year old. Can't wait for her to grow up and get even more attitude. I'm a bit sarcastic. I do not own an iPhone but do have an iPod, I'm stingy and don't want to pay for the data package that comes with the fancy phones. I live in Ohio. Spent a summer once in Colorado because I wanted 'to get as far away from here as possible!'. Made it a whole 6 weeks because I'm a whimp and  missed my family. Until I step into the 2000's I will struggle on how to do this whole 'blogging' thing. Please be patient. Although, I understand if you aren't. I don't have a lot of patience for things either. I am learning I am more than just a mommy, wife, daughter, granddaughter, sister, and friend. I am me. I deserve to be happy just as much as everyone else in this world. I always put everyone's needs and feelings before my own. I am working on changing this about my life as well.


Now onto the part of my life I need to change (among all the other aspects). My Weight. I'm not comfortable typing how much I weigh at the moment. Someday when I get rid of this weight, I will say it! Lets just say that my current weight is an improvement from where I was when I was pregnant and 1 week post pregnancy. I'll save that whole HORRIBLE pregnancy/birth story for another day. My goal for the moment is to lose 50 L-Bs! I am concentrating 1 L-B at a time... I am currently 'enrolled' in a weight loss program in the psyc department at the local university. It is a weekly meeting and weigh in. At the start of the program they gave us an accelerometer to keep track of calories burned through out the day. You wear it on your hip like a fanny pack pedometer. I LOVE this thing. It is nice to know what I'm burning even just sitting and sleeping. I am on the search for something to keep this monitoring up once I'm finished with the program, suggestions are welcomed! So with this program as a participant you are to report daily your calorie intake, exercise (minutes & activity), and 2 numbers that are reported on your accelerometer. The plan is to get through this program and keep everything up. I'm up to about 5 days a week with my work outs and signed up for my death sentance first 5k in 2 months. I've been following the c25k training program as suggested by others. Since it is cold in Ohio (where I live) I haven't been able to do this training for about a week. Hopefully next week will be nicer and I can get back on track with training. I currently don't have a gym membership but have been doing workouts found on Pinterest, DVD's, and a Body Pump class here at the local university that I won in a contest. Killer Awesome workout but pretty tough!

That's all I've got for now. I'll stop boring everyone with my 'story' until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment